Delta Game Update
Delta updates install only what has CHANGED since the last running version on your game. Delta updates are released when only game code has been modified.
NOTE: Update will work on any previous updates.
Queen 0.81c ->0.82E -> 0.84D->0.86->0.91
**SOFTWARE 0.86 MUST BE INSTALLED PRIOR TO THIS UPDATE!**
Consider performing Actions > Factory Reset after installing this update,
especially if you have any strange issues.
Be aware that action will reset your settings and high scores.
DELTA UPDATE PROCEDURE
Start by downloading the latest available "Delta Update" for your game
Click here: GAME_UPDATE
Both WINDOWS and MAC USERS: Click on the download button.
Save to download folder.
It have come to our attention that newer USB sticks don't work, please use old type 2.0 USB sticks
Once the ZIP file is downloaded, insert your USB stick into your computer. (greater than 4GB)
You should see a new "USB DISK" in My Computer (Windows)
We used a 12GB USB stick.
or a new Drive on MAC Desktop that looks like this:
Please ensure that the USB stick has been formatted correctly prior to STEP 3.
WIN Format: FAT32
MAC Format: MSDOS-(FAT)
Copy the UPD file you downloaded to the USB stick.
Safely eject your USB stick.:
Right click on USB (D:) and select Eject.
It will now disappear from your "My Computer / This PC"
Power on pinball machine.
wait for it to boot up.
Remove the translite.
Insert the USB stick in one of the USB connectors on top of the screen (which one does not matter)
Enter Service menu -> Actions -> System update -> Enter.
A new screen will appear.:
Make sure you have the USB connected. And press Enter. (Black button)
This update is pretty big, it can takes more than 5minutes. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR GAME
After update game will reboot and you can verify date and version number is updated to 0.
QUEEN Version 0.91
April 12, 2023
Changes since version 0.86:
- Tweaked rules to divert the ball to the upper playfield more often
- Fleshed out the Skill Shot / Super Skill Shot rule -- several skill shots
are now available, each with different awards.
- Quick-save balls that drain out the outlanes while ball saver is active.
- The left orbit shot multiplier now affects the spinner value.
- Added progressive scoring rule on top lanes when Magic is already lit.
- Added One Vision Jackpot display effect.
- No longer light Killer (yellow) shot during Killer Queen once Q-U-E-E-N has been completed.
- New adjustment: "Allow Random Song Select". If NO (default), you can't hold a flipper button on the song selection screen to "whirl" the reel to a randomly chosen song.
- Fixed possible garbled characters during high score initial entry during multi-player games.
- Added audits for Wembley and Red Special multiball progression.
- Increased range of volume control.
- Improvements to sound effects and fanfares throughout the game.
- Improvements to display effects throughout the game.
- Tweaked the default strengths of several coils.
QUEEN Version 0.86
February 27, 2023
Changes since version 0.84:
- Provide more details about awards and game status in rotating displays
above the player's score.
- Fixed bug that could show incorrect score value on display effects.
- Improved Autograph score balancing.
- Improved Queen Frenzy score balancing.
- Zodiac inserts now indicate shot multiplier status of each shot using
reverse-rainbow colors (VIBGYOR: violet = 2x, red = 8x).
- Fixed bug that didn't toggle band member shots during One Vision.
- Many improvements to display effects and animations throughout the game.
- Song selection UI now shows instruction summary for each song, and also
retains the scoreboard so you can view player scores before selecting a song.
- Many improvements to sound effects and fanfares throughout the game.
- Improved top status bar information during stacked multiballs.
- Additional lighting effects and general lighting improvement
throughout the game.
- Stop Super Drums when ball drains.
- Left outlane skill shot now diverts to immediately come down the left orbit.
- Autograph Hunt arrows should now turn off when the hurryup timer expires.
- Shoot Again light now flashes faster when the ball saver is almost expired.
- Album insert (left VUK) now flashes orange/blue when both Autograph and
Album are qualified on the shot.
- Ensure that the Red Special lock is emptied before allowing a game to start.
- Improved handling of balls in the Red Special lock.
- Most Audits are now implemented.
- Improvements in Audit display.
- A false skill shot award should no longer be given while the Piano
drop targets are resetting.
QUEEN Version 0.84D
February 15, 2023
Changes since version 0.82D:
- Changed Autograph rule to collect Autographs on the left VUK. Subsequent
- Autograph Hunt hurry-up offers points and shot multipliers.
- Implemented Signed Album rule.
- Improved Wembley Multiball rules.
- Fixed bug that could cause the wrong song to be started.
- Many improvements to sound effects and fanfares throughout the game.
- Fixed bug that could cause music volume to excessively increase and decrease
during game play.
- Many improvements to lighting effects throughout the game.
- Red Special lock now physically holds balls when possible (but not while
another multiball is running).
- Improved Dashboard top panel display during Wembley Multiball.
- Fixed bug that could cause music not to play after a multiball ended.
- Allow game to continue when entering service mode during a game.
- Various refinements to score balance throughout the game.
- Improved reset handling on drop targets.
- Balls that fall back into the shooter lane during a ball will now be
auto-launched back into play.
- Tweaked how often balls are diverted into the pop bumpers.
- At start of ball, double-flipping to select song now auto-launches the
ball for you. (You can still manually plunge, which will also start the
- Improved choreography of end-of-ball bonus.
- Fixed a bug that could incorrectly award a skill shot if the piano drop
targets did not properly reset at start of ball.
- Added adjustment "Disable Upper Playfield". If turned on, the ball will
never be sent to the upper playfield (Red Special); right orbit shots will
spot targets and shots on the upper playfield.
- Enabled two-stage flippers.
- Improved choreography when adding credits.
- Renamed "System Update" function to "Game Update".
- Display volume setting when adjusting volume during a game.
- Fixed bug that could cause incorrect Instrument Champion values.
- Several other minor refinements and bug fixes throughout the game.
19 Jannuary 2023
Changes since version 0.81C:
- skip Total Bonus display if player double-flipped
- rule for powering up drums
- Autograph: flash (instead of solid on) when Collect Autograph ready
- Song: fix incorrect default Viewmaster selection.
- Starting multiballs now interrupts the active song mode, and instead starts a unique song for the multiball. When the multiball ends (return to single ball play) the previously active song is restarted from the beginning, but the player's progress toward "winning" is remembered.
- New End of Ball Bonus A/V experience.
- make song_shot_made more visible
- Tour: actually award some points when a Tour Pass is collected.
- Fix Game Music OFF adjustment not working.
- Fix infinite replay loop when replay awards points. Those points are triggering another replay, ad infinitum.
- Add start instruction to Ball Device test
- Fix bug in recent changes to Power Level Test.
- Moves the timing of the pull/hold cycles into the firmware call (which older HW couldn't do).
- Changes to support better crash debugging
- Reset ALSA master volume on video connect.
- Use attract-mode sound level during system reset message
- Disable left orbit scoring on weak ramp shot or pop->reverse orbit. This is implemented for single ball play only now.
- Prevent bad trough count during trough release cycle
- Add apron LEDs to default GI, and make them brighter.
- Delay song selection on buttons while Song Bonus/Album award in progress.
- Fix initial volume setting; it was not reading from the user setting.
- Changed QUEEN song selection to ignore flipper button events when launch ball is running.
- Attract mode volume slider does not affect high score entry anymore.
- Allow volume control during Sound Test with the flippers.
- Fix bug in high score auto-reset logic
- Don't push autograph letter status outside of a live game.
- Stage Set MB: add jackpot/super jackpot shot indicators
- Stage Set MB ready lamp effect uses bright white now. This overrides the default where the rabbit would be orange/blue.
- Set rabbit insert color to orange/blue for magic/EB lit.
- Don't stop music when volume is 0.
- Fix glitches at music start, causing by delayed ducking
- Changed music start to update volume before playing.
- Add system support for maintaining the 'alternate color' of an LED.
- Multiball Music
- Implemented new End of Ball Bonus
- Added "Combo" overlay to the main Dashboard, near the top of the screen.
- Font: slightly tweaked font outline rendering