Delta Game Update
Delta updates install only what has CHANGED since the last running version on your game. Delta updates are released when only game code has been modified.
NOTE: Update will work on any previous updates.
Alien(s) - V2.0R1.2 → v2.2 → 2.3→ 2.4→ 2.5→ 2.6
DELTA UPDATE PROCEDURE
Start by downloading the latest available "Delta Update" for your game.: File size is about. 40MB - And needs to be downloaded from this link.: pbap26.upd This will open a new page with a download button for download. - If you experience issues with the 2.6 update you can downgrade to 2.4 (file is attached at the bottom of this page)
Both WINDOWS and MAC USERS: Click on the download button.
Save to download folder.
Once the ZIP file is downloaded, insert your USB stick into your computer. (greater than 1GB)
You should see a new "USB DISK" in My Computer (Windows)
or a new Drive on MAC Desktop that looks like this:
Please ensure that the USB stick has been formatted correctly prior to STEP 3.
WIN Format: FAT32
MAC Format: MSDOS-(FAT)
Copy the UPD file you downloaded to the USB stick.
Safely eject your USB stick.:
Right click on USB (D:) and select Eject.
It will now disappear from your "My Computer / This PC"
Power on pinball machine.
wait for it to boot up.
Remove the translite.
Insert the USB stick in one of the USB connectors on top of the screen (which one does not matter)
Enter Service menu -> Actions -> System update -> Enter.
A new screen will appear.:
Make sure you have the USB connected. And press Enter. (Black button)
After update, date and version number is updated to 2.6
5 April 2022
Changes since version 2.5:
- Changed firmware update function so that if multiple updates are present on the USB device, only the latest will be installed. Filename is now irrelevant, as long it ends with .uf2.
- Added firmware version to startup screen, once detected.
- Fixed bug that could occur when game code could not connect to the controller board. Sometimes it did not attempt to retry the connection, which would require a reboot to continue.
- Renumbered some LEDs to avoid conflict between the new backbox LEDs and the cabinet lamps/stepper motor. This fixes several issues, such as: launch button and coin door LEDs being stuck on and the stepper running during lamp test.
- Fixed the "Set Location" action which was broken in 2.5.
- Fixed coil commands from sometimes exceeding firmware power limits. This was usually observed when the center magnet would turn off too soon when its coil adjustment was set to pulse it stronger.
- Fixed incorrect mapping/labeling of the lower/upper flipper switches on the LV.
- Increased the priority of the Sentry Guns super jackpot lamp on the airlock over other multiballs. When Sentry Guns and another multiball are running together, the main arrows for the Sentry Guns shots will now blink more slowly, to help distinguish between the two.
- Fixed some bugs with combo scoring. It now resets correctly after the combo sequence ends, and times out slightly faster.
- Changed combo scoring to reward longer combo sequences more than shorter ones.
- Fixed the double scoring insert not always blinking when 2X scoring was active.
- Improved the All Out War ready lamp effect. It is now less likely to be preempted by another effect, and is much brighter.
- Removed many settings from the "Modify Game" menu that didn't work properly.
- Added more shaker motor calls.
- Increased brightness of multiball jackpot arrows.
9 March 2022
Note! To enable Beacons and Shaker motor requires hardware addon and firmware version 0.57 or higher. Only available for LV at this moment.
Changes since version 2.4:
- Add support for Limited Edition (LV) model. 2.5 can be used on either model.
- Added new installs "LV Edition" and "SV Edition" to update all adjustments related to a particular game model. Presently, these update "LV Attract Mode", "2-Stage Flippers", and "Disable Beacon" (see below). Others may be added in the future.
- Added beacon support. Use adjustment "Disable Beacon" to enable or disable it.
- Added shaker motor support.
- Added software controlled backbox LEDs.
- Added adjustment "LV Attract Mode". Set to YES for the LV model. This will switch to use a new translite animation.
- Implemented adjustment "Magnet Hold Time". Default is 3s; this can be changed to control how long the center magnet holds onto the ball during a xenomorph ball grab. Note: the magnet will be turned off regardless once the tongue reaches its maximum extent.
- Added Jaw Test for testing the jaw servo motor.
- Added support for coming firmware 0.70. When detected, these new features are utilized:
- Improved center magnet grab
- Smoother stepper motor control
- Support for independent lower/upper flipper buttons
Note: game version 2.5 will continue to work with older firmware also, but these enhancements will not be available.
- Increased pull strength on the left/right up posts. Note: if you had previously adjusted the coil strength manually, those adjustments will be reset to "Normal" after installing this update. Please try the new settings before adjusting the post power again.
- Fixed bug when Ambush multiball was started on skill shot. The ball grab did not initiate in this case.
- Added the "Revive Lit" callout. This speech will be triggered once per ball when the side ramp is made, Hypersleep lock is not lit, and a revive lane can be awarded.
- Fixed points not being awarded on a side ramp shot that started Hypersleep Multiball.
- Fixed a rare speech bug where shooting the scoop told the player to complete inlanes to light the next scene, when the previous scene was still running in its grace period.
- Increased multiball grace periods slightly.
- Fixed the ball saver running briefly during the Ambush multiball start effect, when no balls were in play.
- Improved flipper hold.
14 November 2021
Changes since 2.3:
- Fixed bug where a switch change event from the firmware controller might not be processed until a second switch also changed.
This fixes occasional ball lockups in.:
Air Lock Scoop.
Left eject (Mother)
Other issues spotted before fix.:
Suddenly stop to xeno tongue calibration, on game start followed by a LED slowdown, to almost a freeze.
Suddenly stop on xeno tongue during ball grab in game.
If xeno targets was hitted in the unique randomness of the bug, it would not activate the magnet, before ball hit another switch or passed a inductive switch.
Confusing revive drains.
Confusing Ball save.
Confusing Drop target bank (APC)
Sometimes in between switch change events there was a short LED freeze (1~10ms)
LED freeze in long standby in attract mode.
A big thank you goes to all our early adaptors, who have reported and submitted debug reports so that we could arrange this massive debugging! - Thanks for your faith in us!
- Added improved lamp effect on Vent 3 when Ambush Super Jackpot is lit.
- Fixed bug where right outlane Special was lit, but could not be collected.
- Delay new game start after emptying balls from Hypersleep lock.
3 November 2021
Changes since 2.2:
- Improved communications from game software to IO controller.
- Improved video monitor occasionally not working after power-up.
- Reduced coil power for the left eject and trough. Note: if you previously adjusted the power lower via the "Coil Adjustments" menu, we recommend changing these back to "Normal" (no change).
- Increase range of coil adjustments from -50% to +50%.
- Fixed coil adjustments sometimes not working for low-power coils. (compensating for the difference in Europe and US 50hz / 60hz)
- Fixed the power settings on the up-posts, which should make them pop up more reliably.
- Starting a new game temporarily disabled while any ball device is in flux.
- Fix ball devices not emptying correctly after ball was tilted.
- Allow coin door lighting in free play mode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the writing of the log file or audits not to work.
- Debounce on the xenomorph targets has been reduced to start the magnet grab faster.
- Chestburster Combo (left eject to right magnet lane) can no longer be fooled during multiball, from a ball exiting the pop bumpers at nearly the same time that the left eject fires.
- Fix ball saver sometimes expiring early.
- Fix 5000 point display during APC mode.
- Fixed the extended credits sequence in attract mode cutting off a few seconds early.
- Fixed Revive callouts happening during tilt.
- Disable letter blinking in enter initials while paging through the alphabet.
- Changed the "<" symbol in enter initials to backspace (BACK), to make it more clear that you can make corrections.
- Fixed some shots scoring during victory laps when they were not lit.
- Fixed the Sentry Guns ready effect on the left eject. It would not always appear depending on other game conditions (usually, during skill shot).
26 June 2021
Changes since 2.0:
- Added Firmware Update function, which works similar to System Update.
- Updated error messages in System Update.
- Implemented more coil strength adjustments.
- Improved recovery when USB connection to the firmware is lost.
- Removed several adjustments not needed on Pinball Brothers hardware.
- Removed invalid switch IDs from showing up in Active Switch Test.
- Increased debounce time on the trough jam opto.
- Reduced time to wait until ball search.
- Allow ball search on physical lock devices. The hypersleep coil will pulse immediately if the lock is empty, or after the 3rd ball search if there are balls stored there.
- Improved ball counting logic to handle random switch closures on physical lock devices.
- Added "Attract Sounds" adjustment. Set to NO to disable the new sound effects added to the attract mode. Default is YES.
- Improved display occasionally not working after powerup.
- Fixed "Disable Xenomorph" adjustment that didn't work in 2.0.
- Fixed several issues with the xenomorph calibration.
- Fixed mystery award so that Add-A-Ball will never be given if no balls are in the trough.
- Fixed Flamethrower weapon award. If a ball saver was already active, then it would have no effect. Now the flamethrower always adds 2 seconds of ball save time.
- Fixed scoring issue with Host Awards.
- Fixed ball saver occasionally putting extra balls into play.
- Reduced priority of "Ball Launched" effect at start of ball, that was sometimes preventing other important messages from displaying.
- Fixed left ramp sometimes scoring immediately after a ball was released from the hypersleep lock.
- Upper loop shot (Vent 3) now scores when only one of the two loop switches is sensed, to detect fast moving balls better.
- Fixed several display effects where text/images were not aligned properly.