Delta Game Update
Delta updates install only what has CHANGED since the last running version on your game. Delta updates are released when only game code has been modified.
NOTE: Update will work on any previous updates.
Alien(s) - v2.2 → 2.3→ 2.4→ 2.5→ 2.6 → 2.7 → 2.8→3.0→3.1→3.2->4.0
BEFORE INSTALL 4.0 GAME UPDATE BE SURE YOU HAVE 3.2 GAME CODE INSTALLED.
DELTA UPDATE PROCEDURE
Start by downloading the latest available "Delta Update" for your game.: file is attached at the bottom of this page.
Both WINDOWS and MAC USERS: Click on the download button.
Save to download folder.
It have come to our attention that newer USB sticks don't work, please use old type 2.0 USB sticks
Once the ZIP file is downloaded, insert your USB stick into your computer. (greater than 1GB)
You should see a new "USB DISK" in My Computer (Windows)
or a new Drive on MAC Desktop that looks like this:
Please ensure that the USB stick has been formatted correctly prior to STEP 3.
WIN Format: FAT32
MAC Format: MSDOS-(FAT)
Copy the UPD file you downloaded to the USB stick.
Safely eject your USB stick.:
Right click on USB (D:) and select Eject.
It will now disappear from your "My Computer / This PC"
Power on pinball machine.
wait for it to boot up.
Remove the translite.
Insert the USB stick in one of the USB connectors on top of the screen (which one does not matter)
Enter Service menu -> Actions -> GAME UPDATE
A new screen will appear.:
Make sure you have the USB connected. And press Enter. (Black button)
After update game will reboot and you can verify date and version number is updated to 4.0
December 5, 2024
Changes since version 3.2:
- Added Ripley into audio/video throughout the game.
NOTE: the line "get away from her you..." is included, but will be
disabled when Adult Content is set to OFF.
- Changed pop bumper scoring on Derelict Ship and Queen's Nest not to
restart the display effects on every pop.
- Added rule for mystery award on airlock. During single ball play,
when the ball falls into the airlock from the back, a small bonus
is awarded and the ball is then quickly returned to play. The score
is currently based on the number of standup targets hit previously.
- Added page numbers onto the test menus when there is more than 1
screen of options (e.g. 1/2 would indicate that there are 2 pages
and you are on page 1).
- Added support for topper & flasher kits. Added new "Flasher Test"
to exercise all of the new flashers.
Note: topper/flashers require firmware version 0.72 or greater.
- Fix bug that could cause the trough to empty balls continuously, when
a ball gets stuck in the trough, but not resting on any of its switches.
- Fix bug that could cause the shooter to fire continuously during a
ball search, if the shooter switch is reporting false readings.
- Fix the airlock display continuing to show "start mode" messages
once the game is over.
- Various system fixes like:
- Added Open Door Ball Save adjustment. To pause the game, open the
coin door and press Enter to go into test mode. When leaving the
game, any balls that were previously in play but drained will be
returned to the player.
- Fixed center drain audit not calculating correctly.
- Fixed occasional garbage characters showing on high score entry.
- Fixed incorrect ball counting after ball disappears from a device
- Removed missing ball errors reported when entering test during game
(they are not truly missing, they are just in play).
- Activate knocker on high score, even if credit award disabled.
- Fixed sound test not looping the background music selections.
- Fixed lamps not always updating correctly during the final
1 second of a mode.
- Added match sequence at end of game. Minor scoring changed to randomize
the last two digits more. Use adjustment "MATCH CHANCE" to control the
probability, or set to OFF to disable.
February 7, 2023
Changes since version 3.1:
- Changed video initialization to address the black screen issue
- Added error checking to the xenomorph ball grab, so that if it does
not reach the home position within the expected time, it will try
- Improved communications between game code and firmware when configuring
the center magnet hold time.
- Fixed bug where the center magnet may not be stopped while the
tongue is trying to pull the ball into the xenomorph.
- Added back "Magnet Capture Time" adjustment. Changing this should
not be required, but added back by request.
- Improved reliability of the firmware update function.
- Added the Ball Device Test. This allows you to test any ball holding
device (trough, hypersleep lock, etc.) and be able to pulse the coils
while seeing the switches at the same time. Use Up/Down buttons
to select a ball device; Enter to perform an action (release
1 ball, lock ball, empty); or Start to change the action.
- Fixed bug when starting Ambush via skill shot, which could cause the
next Ambush to require many more hits than necessary.
- Fixed the high score auto-reset adjustment when set to OFF. In some
cases, it was still resetting the high scores.
- Fixed a ball counting issue with the trough when a ball jam occurred
at a specific time during a ball release.
- Handled case when adjustment "Replay Award" was set to Extra Ball,
and "Max Extra Balls" was set to 0. Individually, each adjustment
works as advertised, but the combination of the two together would
cause a restart whenever a replay was achieved.
- Fixed adjusting the replay levels from their defaults.
- Stopped the knocker sound when high score credits are disabled.
- Renamed "System Update" function to "Game Update".
16 December 2022
Changes since version 3.0:
- Added support for Weapon Target 5 LED.
- Improved xenomorph tongue extension. This requires firmware 0.70.
- Disabled xenomorph sounds from center magnet in test mode.
- Disabled sounds from flipper buttons in attract, when adjustment
- Attract Mode Sound is set to NO.
- Fixed the Total Earnings audit. Its value was not maintained correctly after using the Clear Audits function.
- Changed the Timed Plunger adjustment to allow the timeout to be specified, rather than just on/off.
- Removed the adjustment Magnet Capture Time. The on time for the center magnet when catching the ball is not adjustable anymore.
- Fixed error reporting from the System Update and Firmware Update functions. Often, these would report "unknown error 0" if something went wrong. The correct error messages are now displayed.
For LV owners:
- Combined with Firmware 0.71, Improved switching shaker off at startup.
- Enhanced beacon driver. When firmware 0.70 is detected, a new control method is used that is more efficient.
- Staged flippers on LV when firmware 0.70 is present.
GAME CODE FILE IS HERE IN THE ATTACHMENTS (Scroll to the end).
AFTER GAME CODE UPDATE DO A FACTORY RESET
6 October 2022
Changes since version 2.8:
- Improved stability of communications with I/O controller board.
- Fixed some issues in LED initialization that could cause the LEDs to freeze later.
- Changed trough counting logic to handle magnetized balls better.
- Tweaked some LED blinking/fading effects to reduce load on the controller.
- Improved timing on the stepper motor.
- Added bad switch board detection. When any board providing switch data reports too many or too few active switches during initialization, that board will be marked bad and all of its switches ignored. This condition will be reported in test mode, and usually indicates a wiring or fuse problem. A restart will be required after the problem is corrected. This mainly addresses the problem with the volume up/down buttons constantly activating.
- Improved jaw update after communications errors to the controller board.
- Reset the autolauncher and trough devices, if balls were in the process of being added to play, but the game was then restarted.
- Fixed crash that could occur if the stepper motor was running while there was a lot of other switch activity.
- Fixed crash that could occur during periodic log file cleanup.
- Chestburster Combo lamp effect now has priority over regular combos.
- Fixed ball search starting while the ball was in the pop bumpers for a long time.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if the magnet grab command required retry due to other tasks running.
- Fixed a bug when the xeno home switch goes inactive outside of a stepper movement, but never comes back. The stepper could go into an infinite loop trying to find home. This now times out after a few seconds.
- Fixed the centre magnet grab for Ambush so that it only fires when the final target is initially hit. Previously, it was re-firing when the same switch was released.
-> Update 2.6 is archived here if needed: File size is about. 40MB link: pbap26.upd <-
ENJOY YOUR GAME!!
PB Support TEAM